At Bere Regis Primary and Pre School, we work to create a cross-school culture that will ensure all children follow highly personalised learning pathways by recognising and celebrating their differences and meeting their individual needs so that they reach their potential, making rapid progress where needed.
At the centre of this culture are the principles of nurturing high expectations, valuing self-esteem and enabling confidence and independence in learning.
Our SENDco and person responsible for all SEN is Miss Gibbs.
The aims and objectives of this policy are:
- to create an environment that meets the special educational needs of each child;
- to ensure that the special educational needs of children are identified, assessed and
- to make clear the expectations of all partners in the process;
- to identify the roles and responsibilities of staff in providing for children’s special
- to enable all children to have full access to all elements of the school curriculum;
- to ensure that parents or guardians are able to play their part in supporting their
- to ensure that our children have a voice in this process.